Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 - January 11, 2012 - 11 pieces complete

Today after I spilled walnut ink over some 5 pieces in the making by mistake, I am now proclaiming that I have completed 11 pieces of art. The spill hastened the process of finishing several canvases sooner than I had planned. Since I had a third of a bottle of walnut ink on my work surface, I decided to sponge it around the edges of the canvases I spilled on and others that were almost ready for the final touch! The creative process is often mysterious and peculiar . . .





So -- how is it going for you all that took on this challenge - or not? I am still pretty excited and motivated, as I really enjoy creating series which share common materials and themes. With every piece, I incorporate what I learn or like (or not) into the next piece. Of course, there are mis-takes -- which I am attempting to view as another way of learning and a new place to start from. I am growing more confidant that I cannot really ruin any of the 6 x 6 inch canvases that I am working on; they are much more resilient than paper and the layers of add nice texture . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment